Fast and Easy Extension Activities for Owls in the Family by Farley Mowat
Random ideas to try for this book. Includes affiliate links.
- Canadian Wildlife video (7 minutes)
- Sardine sandwiches, lemons, and hardboiled eggs
- Buy an owl pellet to dissect and explore (affiliate link)
- Owl Unit Study and Lapbook ideas
- Take your own nature walk. Take pictures of what you see (safely). Have cold tea.
- Great Horned Owl video with eggs (recorded from bird cam) (7 minutes)
- Roast beef sandwiches
- Talk about or draw/write about your real dreams
- How to play “Kick the Can,” or as the book calls it, “Can the Can.” (2 minutes)
- Have a pet parade. Invite others with pets to join in if you’d like. If you don’t have real pets, use stuffed animals.
- Decorate a cart or a wagon to be in a pet parade.
- Build a “cave.”
- Go for a bike ride
- Go for a swim
- Watch a chicken hatch (3 minutes)
- Bake a cake (if you have a stuffed owl who can watch, even better)
- Have tea
- Go camping (or plan your next camping trip)
- Look into canoeing spots/rentals in your area
- Feed the ducks (note: bread isn’t very healthy for ducks. Instead, try bird food or chopped grapes (so they don’t choke).
- Write a letter to a friend
- Go horseback riding